Solaris Urbino W codes

julien.tigernetwork

Solaris Urbino W codes

Post by julien.tigernetwork » 28 Feb 2014, 20:29

Hello,

I noticed that Solaris Urbino buses have a W designation - W1, W4, or W37 for example. I would like to know what these codes mean, and if I could find a complete list of them.

Thanks a lot,

Julien
JacekM1

Re: Solaris Urbino W codes

Post by JacekM1 » 01 Mar 2014, 09:47

I'm not sure if there is a complete list of it. You can find some differences basing on data in our database (e.g. different gearboxes, engines, etc.).
Když inspekce přijde a optá se: ,Máte nějakou stížnost?`, tak musíš, smrade, stát hapták, zasalutovat a odpovědět: ,Poslušně hlásím, že nemám, že jsem úplně spokojen.` - Jak to řekneš, hnuse, opakuj to!
julien.tigernetwork

Post by julien.tigernetwork » 01 Mar 2014, 17:39

So the W codes designate the engine/gearbox combination ?
JacekM1

Post by JacekM1 » 02 Mar 2014, 22:59

To cut a long story short: yes. BTW, there is a list on this forum: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=155 It's in Polish, but I think you will be able to understand.
Když inspekce přijde a optá se: ,Máte nějakou stížnost?`, tak musíš, smrade, stát hapták, zasalutovat a odpovědět: ,Poslušně hlásím, že nemám, že jsem úplně spokojen.` - Jak to řekneš, hnuse, opakuj to!
julien.tigernetwork

Post by julien.tigernetwork » 03 Mar 2014, 00:03

That's great, thanks a lot for the link !
How can I know which version does an Urbino belong to ? There is apparently no way of finding out via the VIN - is there another way to know or do I have to ask the operator which W version of the Urbino it has chosen ?
JacekM1

Post by JacekM1 » 04 Mar 2014, 13:23

I'm not sure if you can get this information via VIN. It is stated only in the vehicle registration certificate, so you can contact the operator. You can also try getting in touch with Solaris as the company is quite enthusiast-friendly and usually keen to help.
julien.tigernetwork

Post by julien.tigernetwork » 04 Mar 2014, 17:47

Ah so I can look at the registration certificate - french buses always have a copy in the driving cab, so it'll be easy to get the info, then. :) I'll also contact the operator.
Solaris is indeed a friendly company.

Thanks a lot for your answers.
julien.tigernetwork

Post by julien.tigernetwork » 04 Mar 2014, 21:00

I sent a message to Solaris this evening. Let's wait for the answer. If I get the list of the W codes I wanted, I'll share it here because I'm sure lots of you are interested.
julien.tigernetwork

Post by julien.tigernetwork » 04 May 2014, 18:24

So I received an answer from Solaris, and that's what they told me:
I have tried to check, what do the codes W29 or W24 mean, but apparently they don't exist in our company. I have seen also many vehicle registration certificates and there is no such code there. Could you tell me where do you have this information from?

I see such codes on the website of bus fans: www.phototrans.eu and I think there are their codes.
and
I have checked it very exactly. They aren't official Solaris codes.